Common Spiders in Texas
Spiders are common in Texas. Here are the most common spiders in the area:
- House spider – Non-toxic
- Brown recluse spider – Very toxic. There is a an anti-venom available for bites from this spider
- Wall jumping spider – Some people may have an allergic reaction to a bite
- Black widow spider – Their venom is toxic and there is an anti-venom available
- Brown widow – Their venom is toxic but they do not release enough to be a medical threat typically
- Wolf spider – Their bite feels like a wasp bite
- Grass spider – Non-aggressive spider with a mild venom
- Orb weaver spider – Non-toxic, and they make beautiful webs in the garden. Also called “Garden Spider”
- Cellar spider – Often live indoors. Not harmful to humans and they catch flying insects and can help control a mosquito population
- Woodlouse spider – Venom is non-toxic to humans but their bite hurts like a bee sting
- Crab spiders – Non-toxic. Bite hurts like a bee sting
There are a lot of varieties of spiders in Texas, and with the exception of the Black Widow and the Brown Recluse, most are not harmful to humans. Some will even help control the population of other pesky bugs such as mosquitoes, termites and earwigs.
When to Call for Spider Control & Extermination
Arachnophobia is the fear of spiders. Even for people who are afraid of spiders, the presence of a spider population around your home might not cause you to want to call an exterminator. Sometimes, you can easily get rid of webs and egg sacs and move spiders outside and that’s enough to keep their population at bay. But, if the spider population continues to grow it might be time for further measures.
How to Control the Spider Population
Eliminate any pest and bug population inside or outside your home. If you can eradicate the spiders’ food supply, they will seek a new location. We utilize an integrated pest management approach that combines inspection, prevention, exclusion, sanitation and EPA registered products. Correct spider identification is key as this allows our professional exterminators to take the correct measures. As an example, for a web builder, we would target the web as this is where the spider spends its time. For hunting spiders, we would work to target and eliminate the food source.
Spider Control in Rockwall, Texas
We understand that spiders can be a nuisance and are a pest you don’t want around. Call Safe Earth Pest Control for a consultation. We can identify the spiders living in or around your home and work out a safe plan to effectively control the population.
Call us at 214-321-2847.
Our Service Regions
Quick turnaround! Bob answered my call when I needed help with ants. He showed up that same day and took the time to educate me on a few things. I am pleased to report that the ants were completely gone by the end of the day! Just in time for my guest to arrive two days later.
Bob gives outstanding service! We always have friendly reminders prior to servicing, and he is always on time! Rates are competitive and treatment is great quality as we never see bugs here!
We love the service. Tech knew how to kill our ants and keep them out. Thanks!
5 Stars! Would highly recommend! Prompt and courteous. Also did a termite job for me.
Call Us Today
We are here for all of your pest and lawn needs!
Our local exterminators, in Rockwall, Rowlett, Garland, Mesquite, and Dallas,
Texas, can rid your home of unwanted critters and bugs with a proper treatment plan
that guarantees a long-term solution.
No matter what the pest may be, our exterminators bring 50+ years of experience
and the close attention to detail that your family deserves.