A termite is a tiny wood destroying insect, white in color that can eat you out of house and home without termite control. Over 3,000 different species of termites have been described, but many more have yet to be labelled.
Termites feed mostly on dead plant material and cellulose, found in wood. They will tunnel through your backyard looking for material to eat. Once they find your home, and an opening underneath it through a pipe gap or a crack anywhere in the foundation, they will enter. Termites can eat through the wood of your home without you even knowing it until a professional performs termite pest control and eliminates them.
Some termite queens can live from 35 - 50 years, the longest lifespan of any insect on the planet. This means that once a colony settles into your home, they are likely to be there indefinitely, or until they run out of wood on which to feed.
Don’t let termites invade your home!
Call 214-321-2847 and speak with our Termite Exterminators for the best termite control solution for you.
How Does Safe Earth Pest Control Deal With Termites?
There are different levels of treatment that Safe Earth Pest Control uses to accomplish termite pest control, depending on their specific locations, their species, the size of the colony, and the number of entry points into and around the home.
When you call our termite exterminators our approach to termite control will include:
- Finding the termite colony.
- Determining their point of entry.
- Assessing the degree to which the termites have spread throughout the home.
- Catering our termite control services to the specific needs of your infestation, both inside and outside of your home.
1. Initial Interior Termite Control Treatments
- We thoroughly inspect your home for any signs of termites.
- We position residual (a long lasting non-repellant liquid or foam) where there are plumbing voids under the floor, or openings beneath your sinks, etc. Outside walls are often attacked and treated.
- We utilize a synthetic application liquid product for the home interior that produces 100% results and is registered with the E.P.A.
2. Initial Exterior Termite Control Treatments
- We use a residual dust to cover all weep holes in the affected area.
- We treat with a very long term residual liquid where circumstances dictate around the exterior of the home. This product has been shown to last a minimum of 10 years.
- If an entire treatment is warranted or asked for we trench the entire foundation and apply our liquid non-repellent product. We may also spot treat depending on the infestation and customer wishes.
NOTE: A termite pest control treatment usually lasts many years and therefore we will not need to treat your home for many years or never! We inspect once a year and give you a warranty in between inspections. This warranty is low cost and provides high peace of mind.
Common Termite Species in Texas
There are three common species of termites that our pest control specialists deal with:
- Eastern Subterranean Termites
- Arid-land Subterranean Termites
- Formosan Subterranean Termites
A Texas A&M study found that there is an average of 17 to 20 colonies of termites per acre in some parts of Texas. Depending on the species, a fully mature colony can have 250,000 to 1,000,000 individuals. That’s a lot of termites.
In general, termites are beneficial to the environment because they consume and break down dead wood and plant material. The problems arise when they find the wood framing of a home plus a source of moisture and a little warmth. In addition to your home’s framing, termites can consume (eat) cotton clothing, books, wallpaper, and the paper covering on the sheetrock that is used in almost all homes.
Call Our Termite Exterminators Today!
Call Safe Earth Pest Control NOW if you suspect that you have a termite control problem!
We’ll provide an inspection and begin treatment as soon as possible.
Please contact us online or call us at 214-321-2847.